Sunday, January 4, 2009

Marching for Gaza

On Saturday I marched through midtown Manhattan alongside some 25,000 others, the great majority of them young people, in defense of the Palestinian people and to demand an end to the criminal, murderous Israeli assault against and siege of Gaza. I took pictures with my cell phone and got a few decent shots, but because of my cheap, horribly slow online connection I've been unable to get the photos posted here on the blog. For some reason I'm also having trouble even posting links to some other sites with photos and video of the demonstration. I'll try to get the pix and links up as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll just say that for me personally, walking across 42nd Street with so many courageous, determined Palestinians as well as people of many other nationalities, all of us together raising our voices for justice and liberation, was the best possible way to start a new year of struggle. It's terrible that it is necessary. But it is necessary. And so we begin again.