Thursday, June 18, 2009

Technical difficulties + coming attractions

I've been trying to post a Youtube videotape of a powerful statement and poem against Zionism by Judith Weisman of Toronto but something keeps going wrong, so instead I'll point to Philip Metres' blog Behind the Lines where you can watch it. I urge you to do so. She makes some sharp points about the essential racism of the Zionist ideology, and reads a hard-hitting poem, "Lamentation," that refers to or, as I'd prefer to see it, subverts the opening phrase "Hear O Israel" from the foundational prayer the Shema.

Postings will probably be sparse or non-existent for the next few days, as I have much on my plate and some deadlines by which to .. er ... eat it. (There, we see the limitations of the "much on my plate" metaphor.) Keep checking in next week, though, because I do have some good stuff in the works. It includes:
  • More on MFA programs and the recent New Yorker piece by Louis Menand
  • An interview with an award-winning novelist
  • A guest book review
And who can predict what the frak else?