Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Linking along

Saramago's blog sounds interesting. Or it was, anyway. He's signed off in favor of book writing.

Arundhati Roy on "Walking with Comrades" in the Dandakaranya Forests of central India. This is a long essay and I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but everyone keeps forwarding it to me with high praise so I thought I'd pass along the link.

The days of e-reader accessibility are coming closer. A new, cheaper, more usable one, the Kobo, is about to be marketed.

This enrages me. For obvious reasons, but also because we've been trying to work up a plan to visit the site, possibly during my summer days off.

Ricky Martin comes out. And yes, you're right that it took him long enough and yes we homos were wearied by his long closeting, but I also find myself wearied by self-righteous straight people who scoff as if coming out is now oh so easy.

Today is the second annual Global Day of Action for BDS--the movement for a Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against the apartheid state of Israel in support of the Palestinian struggle. Join the BDS movement. Check out what people inside the Zionist entity, Jews as well as Palestinians, are doing to build the BDS call.

Finally, and most important, one more for Women's History Month: Sukant Chandan interviews Palestinian revolutionaries Leila Khaled and Shireen Said.