Friday, October 31, 2008

Onward

At the finish of the first full month of this blog, I gotta say I'm having fun with it. And, lo and behold, somebody's reading it, which makes it even more fun. OK, we're not talking thousands of hits, but most days a handful, and some days an armful, of folks give it a look, and only a couple are folks I know personally. For example, I don't believe I know anyone who lives in Brazil or Turkey or England, or Montana, Maine or South Carolina. So to those who've checked it out, thanks. I hope you've found an item or two of interest, and I hope you come back now and then.

It's not as if there's a surfeit of lesbian communist lit blogs. You might find something here you won't find anywhere else. That's my goal, anyway.

I want to offer special thanks to the novelist, teacher and lit blogger extraordinaire Tayari Jones, who has very kindly linked to this blog several times on her own blog, which is always lively and interesting. It's an honor to know that an author of Tayari's caliber checks out what I've got to say.

There's a flip side worth mentioning. I've sent notes to perhaps a couple dozen other artists, writers, musicians and lit bloggers letting them know about Read Red, asking them if it's okay if I include their sites in my links section and requesting that they link to me too. With only one exception, none has responded. Sigh. It ain't easy being red. Or lavender and red. Ah well ... revolutionary optimism and all that ...

So: onward. Red and read or bust!