Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm weak

Today was payday and in one week my vacation starts and well I'm a weak-willed human being unable to stick to my library-only resolution as I ever more frantically labor to amass a big old to-read pile from which to choose vacation books. To put it another way: I picked up some half-price titles at the Strand on my lunch hour today.

Now I'm admiring and caressing them:

Toxicology by Jessica Hagedorn 
The Major Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley
Ludlow by David Mason
The Radiant Way by Margaret Drabble
Riding the Trail of Tears by Blake M. Hausman
Leche by R. Zamora Linmark

Over the three-day weekend I'll probably finish (and possibly blog about) the novel I'm currently reading, Montecore-The Silence of the Tiger by Jonas Hassen Khemiri, a fantastic book. Then I've got piles upon piles to pick from next. How great is that?